1. Cooking at High Heat? (Sauteing and Frying)
Coconut oil is great for cooking at a high heat because of its high smoke point. Many other oils like olive oil can oxidize when heated but because coconut oil is made up of healthy saturated fats it remains stable under high temperatures.
2. Is Coconut Oil Good for Dark Circles Under Eyes?
- Coconut oil moisturizes the skin around eyes to prevent dryness and wrinkling.
- It penetrate quickly into the skin and rejuvenates.
- It contains vitamins and fatty acids that are essential to the growth of healthy skin cells.
- The vitamin E and anti-oxidants in it heal and repair damaged skin cells.
- It is anti-inflammatory, so it reduces redness and swelling.
- The lactic acid in it tightens pores to make skin smooth and firm.
3. How Does Coconut Oil Help with Eczema?
- The anti-fungal, anti-microbial, antioxidant and antibacterial properties in coconut oil reduce inflammation.
- It contains caprylic acid, capric acid and vitamin E and K which prevent itching, flaking and infection from spreading.
- By penetrating deep into the skin it locks the moisture in the cells and protects it from environmental and free radical damages.
- When consumed internally, the lauric acid is converted into monolaurin which acts as a shield against virus, bacteria, fungus and other micro-organisms.
- Medium chain triglycerides (MCT) found in coconut oil is easy to break down for our body and use as energy. This helps to support the immune system.
- It contains medium chain fatty acids (MCFA) or medium-chain triglycerides (GCT) which restore the protective outer layers of the skin.
4. Does Coconut Oil help your Hair Grow?
- Coconut oil is antifungal, anti-viral, and antibacterial. It prevents dandruff and detoxifies the scalp.
- Coconut oil moisturizes the scalp and hair, protecting them from sun, wind, pollution, and other damaging impurities.
- The lauric acid, capric acid, and other essential fatty acids in coconut oil bind to proteins in hair, strengthening the roots and strands in order to reduce breakage.
- When used to massage the scalp, coconut oil improves blood circulation, ensuring that hair receives the oxygen and nutrients it needs to grow.
- Coconut oil contains anti-oxidants and vitamins E and K, which leave hair softer and shinier.
- Coconut penetrates deep into hair and conditions to prevent frizz and split ends.
- The linoleic acid in coconut oil hydrates hair and improves elasticity, preventing breakage. O leic acid helps to get thicker and stronger hair naturally.
5. How Effective is Coconut Oil for Wrinkles?
- The anti-oxidants in coconut oil protect against the free radicals that damage skin and cause wrinkles.
- Coconut oil moisturizes skin to prevent the formation of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Coconut oil contains vitamins E, A and essential proteins that promote the production of collagen, which keeps the skin firm and supple.
- Coconut oil supports the formation of new skin cells.
- Coconut oil maintains the skin’s connective tissues, preventing sagging and wrinkles while repairing damaged skin.
- Coconut oil prevents the formation of dark spots due to aging and sun exposure.
- The medium chain triglycerides (MCT) and lauric acid in coconut help to repair damaged skin and protect against harmful UV rays.
- As a natural emollient, coconut oil softens skin.
6. Why is Coconut Oil Good for Nail Fungus?
- Coconut oil is rich in medium chain fatty acids that helps to work as natural fungicides.
- It has an anti-fungal property that helps to fight against the fungal action on the membranes.
- It contains lauric acid, which has anti-fungal, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Its moisturising properties will leave you with the softest nails.
- It contains 8% caprylic acid that is very effective against fungus.
- This oil contains many important nutrients to strengthen your nails and cuticles to avoid further fungus.
7. Benefits of Coconut Oil for Weight Loss, you know?
- Coconut oil has rich source of saturated fats that helps people those who are overweight. A large portion of this fat content is made up of a medium chain saturated fatty acids (MCT) that is 3 times more effective than longer chain counterparts in fighting extra weight.
- MCT boost the metabolism and produces lots of energy that burns additional calories.
- Overweight may also suffer from a condition or disease called yeast infection or Candida characterized by cravings for food, sudden weight gain, stress, fatigue, etc. The medium chain fatty acids can eliminate this.
- Natural weight loss is generally promoted by the detoxification of the body which coconut oil can do.
- It metabolizes fats in the liver and converts it to fuel for the brain and muscle functioning.
- It is thermogenic, which means it increases the energy expenditure by burning more fat.
8. Coconut Oil for Dandruff?
- Coconut oil works as a deep moisturizer which can help to take care of dry scalp and treats dandruff effectively.
- It has antifungal properties which treats the fungus which causes the dandruff.
- It works well for reconditioning dry hair because of its molecular structure as it penetrating the hair shaft, getting past the cuticle, repairing and preventing damage from inside out.
- It has lauric acid, capric acid and vitamin E will helps to restructure hair, increase hair’s strength by preventing protein loss and finally improves shine to your hair.
- It is an edible oil that has antibiotic and nutritional properties that possess high viscosity and combustibility that helps to prevent the dryness of the scalp and dandruff when applied regularly.
9. Does Coconut Oil Work For Acne?
- The lauric acid in coconut oil is anti-fungal and anti-viral, so it kills the bacteria that cause acne.
- Coconut oil cools and soothes the skin, reducing inflammation and redness caused by acne.
- Coconut oil is similar to sebum, the skin’s natural oil, so when used as a moisturizer, it’s less likely to clog pores and cause acne.
- Coconut oil stops oxidation and accelerates the skin’s healing process.
- Coconut oil stimulates bowel movements, ensuring proper function of the digestive system, which is essential to clear skin.
- The anti-oxidants in coconut oil protect against the free radicals that cause acne while promoting the formation of new, healthy skin cells.
- Coconut oil contains caprylic and capric acids and vitamins E and K, all of which encourage the growth of healthy new skin.
- Coconut oil supports the production of collagen, which improves skin’s elasticity, keeping it smooth, firm, and scar free.
- Coconut oil helps even out skin tone and lightens scars and dark marks.
10. Does Coconut Oil Helps To Reduce Acid Reflux?
- Coconut oil coats the throat and digestive tract, reducing burning sensations and other irritation caused by acid reflux.
- The lauric acid in coconut oil is a natural antiseptic that kills the fungus and bacteria that cause acid reflux.
- Overeating causes acid reflux because our stomachs struggle to break down large amounts of quickly consumed food. When taken before meals, coconut oil prevents overeating by making you feel full. This also helps you lose weight.
- The medium chain triglycerides (MTCs) in coconut oil are easily digestible and they offer numerous health benefits.
- Because it is alkaline, coconut oil neutralizes acid, reduces inflammation, and helps repair tissue damage caused by heartburn.
- Coconut oil triggers the production of chloride, which is essential for the production of stomach acid which helps for proper digestion.
11. Is Coconut Oil good for treating Sunburn?
- Here are some of its properties which explain how it is good for sunburn.
- Coconut oil has saturated fats, lauric fatty acid and other unique combinational fatty acids that heals sunburned skin and relieves from inflammation.
- It reduces the discomfort caused by peeling and excessive dryness of the skin.
- It nourishes the dehydrated skin and moisturizes it.
- It soothes the burned skin and tightens it to prevent lasting damages such as wrinkles, tanning, darkening the skin, etc.
- It is rich in vitamin D and E, proteins and other nutrients which are essential for skin.
- It has small and medium chain fatty acids that allow the skin to absorb it easily.
- It is rich in anti – oxidants that eliminate the free radicals and cools your sunburn.
- It has anti – fungal and anti – bacterial properties that regenerates your skin.
12. Does Coconut Oil help Hair?
- Coconut oil softens the hair, adds shine to your hair, makes it healthier and treats scalp and hair problems. Have a look at these amazing coconut oil benefits.
- Coconut oil moisturizes the hair. Due to its chemical structure, it can easily penetrate into the cortex (inner part of hair) that can help to improve its strength and flexibility.
- It has nutrients that helps to promote shine and prevents hair loss through styling.
- It contains Capric acid, lauric acid compounds and other essential fatty acids that help to bind the proteins in the hair. It protects both the roots and strands from breakage.
- Antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic properties of coconut oil protect the scalp from infections.
- It has vitamins E and K that nourishes the hair. It also contains linoleic acid that helps to keep the hair well hydrated and maintain its elasticity. It also contains oleic acid that helps to get thicker and stronger hair naturally.
- It also repairs and revitalizes your hair to make it healthy and grow properly.
13. Why Is Coconut Oil good for Diaper Rash?
- Coconut oil has many amazing properties that makes it an excellent treatment for various conditions, including diaper rash.
- Coconut oil contains antimicrobial, anti-viral, anti-bacterial and antifungal properties that help to promote healing.
- It has lauric acid (also found in breast milk) that treats bacterial and fungal problems very effectively.
- Lauric and Caprylic acids in this oil are natural yeast fighting substances.
14. How Does Coconut Oil Treat Lice?
- Coconut oil treats head lice with its natural properties as it’s fatty content suffocates the lice and makes it harder for them to maintain a grip on the hair follicles.
- Coconut oil has a lubricating nature that stops lice from moving freely and prevents lice growth.
- Coconut oil controls head lice infestations and acts as an effective repellent against lice in the future.
15. How Does Coconut Oil Cure Yeast Infection?
- Coconut oil has been laboratory-proven to explode the nucleus of Candida yeast cells. It also controls irritation and reduces inflammation of the vaginal area.
- Coconut oil is high in three active ingredients (lauric, capric, and caprylic acid) which have antiviral, antimicrobial, and antifungal properties. These compounds target harmful bacteria while leaving friendly bacteria.
- Caprylic acid breaks down the cell membrane which controls the yeast population and prevents it from proliferating and replicating itself.
- Virgin coconut oil contains generous amount of lauric acid, a nutrient that strengthens and supports the body’s immune system to fight against the yeast fungus.
Đang cập nhật